I enjoy listening to worship music in the van as we start our day. However, Paul has been known to protest female vocalists, terming it "girl music". He prefers a male vocal. Okay, simple enough. So after a trip to Wal-Mart I was very excited about the four Chris Tomlin CDs I purchased thinking this would be just perfect. I could already picture my kids in the backseat learning the words to the popular choruses our church often sings. I imagined me explaining a verse each morning and having discussions about God. So, when Paul asked if we could listen to one of their audiobooks, I explained that we would be listening to "church music" to start our day and that we could enjoy his stories in the afternoons. To which he replied, "Man you don't know anything about kids!"
That evening after I put on his bicycle helmet, he pointed that I had put it on backwards and said "Mommy, only BOYS know how to do these things!"
So on to Ashley's one-liners. . .Since the first day of school, she has been telling me about a girl in her class who was "really mean". During bedtime snuggles, Ashley confessed that she almost got in trouble for talking. As I questioned why, this is the story she shared: "Well she (the mean girl) even made one poor little thing cry. So I told her I was going to issue her a challenge" A What? Where does she get this stuff? Well, Ashley what was the challenge? "Well I told her that tomorrow all the people at our table were going to dress pretty like in pink and if everybody dressed pretty then she would have to join our team and start being nice". Well, there you have it. The school psychologists' daughter just took it upon herself to create her own behavior plan...
So last night I asked how things were going with her "challenge". She explained what she told her friend, "My Mommy fixes kids and I'm going to ask if she can get that mean girl an appointment". Thank you very much Ashley, but Mommy has about all the referrals she can handle at the moment.
So, while one child thinks I know "nothing about kids", at least the other has some faith in my skills...Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ashley. I certainly needed it after Paul's remarks.
1 comment:
so cute! ;)
Post a Comment